Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Not able to clear out bowel in one go
An_243005 posted:
Some facts about my system:
1) I go number '2' on average of 4 times a day — and produce average to small amount of stool
2) I just have to go after every meal
3) When I go at night for the last time(after I have a glass a milk, it flushes the system and I really have to go) and I feel that I have cleared my system, however, after 30 mins or so there is always something left or I feel like I have to go again and if I do sit for 15 mins or more, something will eventually come.
4) I get intense headachs if I don't go on time or if I go to sleep without clearing the system
5) Gas is another issue, I get lot of gas — might be the cause of the headach
6) I am not over weight — im 27, 6'2" and 172 lbs

Please help! Thank You!

calgal37 responded:
I'm wondering if perhaps some of what might be going on could be the result of a food intolerance issue. You mention that after having a glass of milk you really have to 'go.' That fact - urge to go - may indicate you're reacting to either the lactose in the milk, or perhaps the casein which is the major protein in dairy. Gas is also found to be produced in copious amounts in the case of some food intolerance.

You may want to consider trying an elimination diet - take all dairy products out of your diet for 2-3 weeks - and see what happens.

An_243005 replied to calgal37's response:
Thank You for the reply!

I have been having milk everyday since last 25 years. Do you think there is a possibility that intolerence could develop later in life? And I did stop drinking milk for few weeks and I found it really difficult to clear my bowls. I guess my biggest pain is that my bowls don't clear in 1 go, if I go 30 mins after the first sitting, I would still have some come out.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website