Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
vomiting
An_243010 posted:
My 21 year old daughter had her gall bladder removed 3 years ago, she felt better for one month...she vomits daily after eatting and drinking. It does not matter what she eats or drinks or the amount. She has been seen by 4 gastro doctors, had every medical test and they are not getting to the root of the problem. Please help. She has lost her job and stop going to college due to this sickness.

calgal37 responded:
What is she bringing up when she vomits? If it's the food she has just eaten, has she been checked for delayed gastric emptying?

Are any other symptoms being experienced?

Digize replied to calgal37's response:
She brings up the food she has just eatten, bile and what she drinks. She has had the delayed gastric emptying and it showed her stomach empties slow.
She is light headed, lost 30 lbs., feels nausea most of the day. Tea is the only thing she is able to keep down if she sips it very slowly thru out the day. Any suggestions and/or help is greatly appreciated.

JustBabbs replied to Digize's response:
It took them a year to diagnose me with "gastroparesis". It is delayed stomache emptying. They put me on Reglan which helped tremendously. I gained my 30lbs back that I had lost. It has side effects, but now I have gotten off the med. and know what I can eat safetly. I can't do dense foods or lots of fiber. If your not already, you need to see a gastro. They can help.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website