Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
diverticulitis
SayaG posted:
I was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis in my stomach and colon. I'd already been diagnosed with Colitis.

The CT showed a thinking of the stomach wall - could that the cause by the diverticulitis? Or cancer?

SayaG

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and Welcome SayaG,

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope you are feeling better.

In a quick search, I could not find a link that directly answers your question. Please check with your health care professional to address your concerns of cancer and thickening stomach wall.

These resourses describe the cause and treatment of diverticulitis -

Diverticulitis - Topic Overview
Diverticulitis - Causes, Symptoms, Treatments - Slideshow

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth

mike_n_robin responded:
hi saya i also have diverticulitis i have been in and out of the hospital way to many times iun the last 3 yrs.. finnally after my last time in the hospital.. of course on my B-Day of all the times.. the Dr. finnaly said i need surgery so i did it i had the colon resecton or what ever they call it.. they removed the bad ppart of my colon.. it has been almost 3 months and i am doing ok i thinkj.. except for being nasuse all the time.. i hope that is not going to be a normall thing.. but good luck

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website