Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stool coming from vaginal area
An_243223 posted:
I woke up with stool coming from my vagina in the middle of the night. No pain, just abdominal cramping. The night before going to sleep I had vomited 3-4 times, but was feeling better prior to going to sleep. I called my family doctor who said I should go to the ER. They did a high contrast cat scan and sent me home, saying they didn't see any abnormalities. During my 5 hour stay in the ER, I had severe diarrhea, that did in fact come from my anus. I have a history of the previous surgeries: gastric bypass, 2 cesareans, gall bladder removal, leep procedure. I also had diverticulitis. My last surgey was my cesarean June 2011. The hospital referred me to a general surgeon, but I do not have health insurance. I guess I just need to know, should I be worried? I only had the stool come from the wrong are the one time, so far. Please give me your input/suggestions. Thank you!

An_243223 responded:
May or may not be related...but I sometimes get a very warm sensation under my rib cage that comes and goes as well...

calgal37 responded:
This is something that should be checked out further. They typical issue that can result in the presence of fecal material coming from the vaginal area is the presence of a fistula between the rectum and the vagina.

Helpful Tips

relief of hemorrhoids
had hemorrhoids for years,tried all the store remedies,nothing worked. when my boys were little we used diaper rash ointment on them(zinc ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website