Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
HELP!!!!
An_243503 posted:
Okay.... to give a little history I had my gallblader removed 2 years ago and obviously had the normal post op discomforts of fast bowel transit times foods not agreeing with me and so forth. Now fast forward, off and on for 1 to 2 week spans over the last several months I have had excessive gas pains / belching unrelieved with medication, diarrhea sometimes fatty, multiple trips to the bathroom per day (6-, dull and achy epigastric pain. Sometimes within minutes after eating a meal I have to go straight to the bathroom and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat.

This is becoming extremely frustrating and having a huge impact on my life. Any thoughts/tips will be greatly appreciated.

calgal37 responded:
When you say 'fatty' trips to the bathroom, do you mean you're seeing fatty/oily deposit on the toilet water? If so, you need to check with your doc and find out if you're experiencing fat malabsorption. That condition could be due to problems such as issues with the pancreas or in some cases celiac disease.

Are you following a low fat diet?

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website