Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
palpitations and gerd
An_243736 posted:
I have been diagonised with Gerd, Barretts Esophogus, Hyattial Hernia. I take Protonix for it every day of my life. I tried to go off the Protonix, but it almost killed me. So this is where I am at.

I also get palpitations, as I have mitrol Valve prolapse, however after reading some of these postings, I too wonder if my hyattial hernia presses against the heart mussle and causes these palpitations.

Would be great if someone out there has the same thing and a doctor rectifies it.

Pennyppot responded:
Hiya, I also had really bad gerd, with oesophageal spasms ( which I believe caused my palpitations and skipped beats. I had this for three tortured years with palpitations so bad I thought I would pass out. Everything stopped after one full month on scd diet. No deviations no cheating at all and slowly the symptoms subsided over the first two weeks then nothing at all for the last two weeks. I stopped the diet after this and can eat really anything now BUT this scd diet cleared up so many of my health issues(pcos , anxiety, insomnia) that I will revert back to it if I get any other health problems. I know it's meant to be for ibs, Crohn's and ulcerative colitis but heyho it worked spectacularly well for me

pbpmb replied to Pennyppot's response:
what is an SCD diet.

calgal37 replied to pbpmb's response:
Specific carbohydrate diet. It's typically used for those with severe food allergies, some forms of inflammatory bowel conditions and eosinophilic esophagitis/other eosinophilic disorders.

Helpful Tips

Colitis tips
A few months ago, I had a Ulcer Colitis attack and I sure was sick! I went to my GI dr and he told me to do a clear liquid diet for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website