Skip to content
Diverticulosis Bouts
An_243654 posted:
I was diagnosed with Diverticulosis a year ago or so, I have had a few painful bouts but managed to get through them. Recently there more frequent and last longer, I have yet to see doctor on this yet. Is recurring bouts a sign of more serious issues? If a bout is painful enough to get me to ER what can they/will they do? I am a 48 year old male wondering what to do.. Not presently on meds for it either.

mike_n_robin responded:
hi mike,
I also have had many flair-ups of Diverticulosis over the past few years. In my case the paion was enough for me to goto the ER.
In my case tho i was always admitted for a few days to do the IV antibiatics as starting them at home never worked. well after 3 years and way to many hospital stays i had surgery done to remove the bad section . that was done on 11-17-11 and so far so good i think.. but i will tell ya watch what ya eat.. advoid nuts and seeds as they will make u have a flair up.
i hope that helps
mountainmama88312 replied to mike_n_robin's response:
My husband just had a lower bowel resection in Feb due to
diverticulosis. I was wondering how you were feeling and how long it took for you to start feeling better.
mike_n_robin replied to mountainmama88312's response:
well i had the surgery in Nov. and i am feeling better no more issues with the diverticulosis. i just seen the surgern yesterday and he gave me the boot soo to say. don't have to see im again unless i have a problem.
I am still havig issues with the stomach . the surgen told me i need to push the GI as there is still something not right.. he said maybe it's IBS.
i am going to be changing GI's here in about a if anyone has any ifeas about what this might be i would love to hear them.. but i will say haveing been threw the surgery i would tell anyone that has had many bouts with it to think about it

Helpful Tips

I have had CC for three years now. I have been on steroids and every time I got off, the problems would return again in two weeks...I found ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website