Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Sharp Stomach Pains After Eating
CarolynRenea posted:
I have consistently been getting sharp pains in my stomach after eating, especially breaded chicken or tacos and sandwiches. It is especially worse today. I get bloating and I am having some minor difficulty breathing. I am hunched over and my stomach feels like the muscles are having spasms so severe that are making my stomach feel like a tight ball. It's finally barely calming down after 2 hours...but I am still having a lot of difficulty. What should I do?
Side Note: I have Type 1 diabetes.

Take the Poll

I have been told it could be any of the following.
  • IBS
  • Gastroitis (sp?)
  • Celiacs
  • Kidney Stones
  • Ulcers
vote
View Poll Results

chocsweethrt responded:
Carolyn I'm at the exact same point. Wednesday I was eating at Chili's (chicken crispers aka breaded chicken) and I instantly got such bad stomach spasms I just get upset during my meals. It's been this bad about a year. I used to just regurg since childhood, so I had a nissen fundoplication procedure a couple of years back. Anyway, point is I'm going to my gastro doctor ASAP just to confirm I'm not celiac, after a small intestine biopsy, and hope it's just a serious allergy/irritation to bread. I have recurring fatigue, iron deficiency, fibromyalgia, and more throught the year usually. It's too much...and for those reading who aren't losing rapid weight and have these symptoms, I still believe I'm close to being a ciliac even if the lbs aren't melting off. My irritation level to bread just may be different.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website