Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Months-Long Strange Stomach Problems
elocin1991 posted:
Alright, here it goes. Ever since November of this past year I've been having problems with what seems to be digesting foods, but over the past few months has grown into affecting other areas of my health. I've tried excluding different foods at different times from my diet and nothing seems to make the stomach pains better. I'm now no longer eating anything with gluten in it and am sticking to non-acidic foods. I used to be able to eat gentle foods but now anytime I try to eat I get these horrible stomach pains. The only thing I'm able to consume is goat's milk and water. I've seen a doctor and have been told I don't have diabetes and my other tests have come out normally. I recently went to a gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy and biopsy and the results came back normal. At this point I'm scared because I'm having to choose between not eating and feeling fine but not getting my nutrients or eating and feeling excrutiating stomach pains that have sent me to the ER twice. I'm losing an average of four pounds each week because of this and no one seems to have any answers. I'm also tired all of the time and sleeping at consistent times, (I usually go to sleep around ten pm) for an average of at least ten hours each day. My heart has been feeling weak as well the past couple of months, which my doctor noted on an EKG that I there was a blip in my heart beat. I also have been having dizzy spells as of recently. I do have anxiety problems, for which I take medication, and have never had a problem with it. Please, if anyone has any answers, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you!

calgal37 responded:
Elocin, what area was the biopsy taken from and specifically what was looked for? Was biopsy taken of the duodenum? How severe is the fatigue? Do you have other symptoms like rashes? Brain fog? Anything? Anyone in your family with digestive issues? Any food intolerance issues that you know of?

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website