Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Hey CalGal!
sheba_q posted:
I haven't seen you (or me) or here all that much for awhile now. Do you still have a copy of that list of dairy substitutes (don't need the gluten free part)? I know someone who's gone mostly dairy free who needs some good cheese substitutes.

calgal37 responded:
Hey lady!!! Long time no hear!! I haven't been around much since the format changed.

Tell your friend to try Daiya cheese. I believe it's a Solterra product. My husband thinks highly of it. We get it at Whole Foods and at some Ralph's markets. It seems to be popular out here, so when he finds it he buys in bulk.

Found a GREAT GF/DF cheese cake by EarthCafe. It's good enough that I steal it from my husband's stash. Can't believe it's made from 'twigs, nuts and bark' and it has a wonderful taste and mouth feel. Yummy!

I'll look for the list. I know it's in my files somewhere, but I haven't looked for it in a long time. I'll be back.

How are you doing???

sheba_q replied to calgal37's response:
I'm still around here, but I tend to be in lurk mode even more than before (if that's even possible).

I'm in grouchy mode too. Last year when everywhere in N America was having a heat wave, I was in the one area that wasn't. We had the never ending cool grey rainy spring, and summer didn't start until August (and only lasted for that month). So I'm just a little bit sensitive to such weather. Although I have to admit that it's been more 'normal' this year and we've already had more sunshine than we did last 'spring'. Stupid rain today.

I passed on your info and my friend has tried and can't stand the Daiya cheese. At least he's found a milk substitute (I think one of the unsweetened soy ones). I know he's dying for cheese and cheats once a month and has pizza. Limiting dairy is the only thing that's made any lasting difference to his sinuses.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website