Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Unknown Illness
JasmineDeLude posted:
Hello, I just joined the community today because I have a pressing issue that my doctors have not been able to figure out. I have mild lactose intollerance. I have been tested for Ciliac disease and Chrones

Almost every day I have extreme nausea, I also get cramping. I am always either really constipated or have really bad diarrhea. I never have normal bowels. My biggest complaint is the extreme nausea all of the time. I take Phenagan for the nausea.

I have emetophobia, and anxiety disorder. ( I take klonopin as needed)

Does anyone have ideas on what could be wrong wtih me? I just need to know what to ask the doctor about. He thinks IBS but IBS does not cause nausea, and that is my largest complaint.

by the way I am not pregnant. Ideas please? and ty!

Take the Poll

Does IBS cause nausea?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
vote
View Poll Results

calgal37 responded:
Have you been checked for intolerance/sensitivity to casein, the major protein in dairy? Many think they're lactose intolerance when the problem can be more extensive than that. It's an entirely different problem - and has a different mechanism of action - than that of problems with lactose. It can cause a variety of more extensive problems than that seen with lactose.

Helpful Tips

Colitis tips
A few months ago, I had a Ulcer Colitis attack and I sure was sick! I went to my GI dr and he told me to do a clear liquid diet for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website