Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach Issues
shatteredshine posted:
For the past 5 months I've been in and out of hospitals. I have really bad nausea and I am limited to what I can eat. My doctors thought it was GERD at first but everything they gave me never helped the nausea. If anything, the omeprazole, sulcrafate, ranitidine, & protonix made me feel worse (constipated & it distended my stomach to an extreme). I can't drink soda, eat fatty foods or chocolate because it messes with my stomach & makes my symptoms 10 times as worse. Sometimes it gets so bad that even crackers or soup don't settle well in my stomach. On random occasions for no reason, I would get diarrhea followed by a couple of days of constipation. Every time I go back and tell my doctor she gives me anti nausea meds and to wait it out with the omeprazole. I'm tired of feeling nauseated & bloated all the time. They've done blood work and CAT scans and they say everything is fine. But I can't stress enough how much I don't. Sometimes I lay awake at night because the nausea is just so bad.

My eating habits probably consist of cereal or a bagel, muffin and milk in the morning. Sometimes, my stomach feels so bad that that's enough food for the entire day. Other times I eat a sandwich or chicken soup with wild rice.

I've gotten various allergy blood tests done (gluten, lactose, etc) & I've been tested for Celiac's, stomach ulcers, gallbladder issues, parasites and various colon problems but everything comes back negative.

I've been to a gastroenterologist but they can't find any problems either.
My doctor also ruled out IBS because of my stomachs reaction to greasy/fried foods.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

BlessedGrandmother2 responded:
I am going through the exact symptoms and currently going through test so far all negative, very frustrating since I do eat healthy lost weight etc. still more test to go with ggastroenterologist. I too have spent a fortune on OTC meds prilosec , zegrid, zantac everything I do have hiatal hernia but told to live with it??? I feel awful all the time. I hope we both find some relief. I feel for you and feel your frustration

calgal37 responded:
Shattered, hpw were you tested for gallbladder issues? What tests were done to check for celiac disease - which specific blood tests? If you were tested for celiac disease, what was your level of total IgA and IgA-gliadin?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website