Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Benign Tumors/Clusters on Throat
1973ismine posted:
I need advice/direction. I know someone whose doctors dont have a name for his condition, but this is the 3rd or 4th surgery he has been told to get and if he does not go through with it, he can have his throat closed up one day and die while he is trying to eat. The surgery was to remove the clusters/benign tumors from his throat. My worries are that is there any other way to handle this or find out WHY these keep growing back? I have been told that they keep shaving down his throat, one day he might not have a throat one day.

I am irritated and sad at the same time. Anyone could help me out would be wonderful.

calgal37 responded:
The unfortunate thing is the variety of benign tumors that can grow in the throat are huge. Take a look at this link, and read the varieties under 'benign tumors': http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/adult/mens_health/oral_cancer_85,P00716/

I think anyone trying to give you a hand with your question might need to know exactly which form of benign tumor your friend is trying to deal with.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website