Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
scared it may be cancer
An_245750 posted:
I am a 41 year old female.I had a complete physical only 3 months ago and it was all thumbs up. I have also had IBS for over 20 years, which I completely changed my diet and it seems to almost be gone. However 2 days ago I had blood on my toilet tissue and in my stool. It wasnt bright red, it was maroonish. I also had lower abdominal discomfort, almost the sensation as if gravel was passing through my intestines. The discomfort lasted about 24 hours and I had felt it once or twice before.
I am scared to death honestly because I have lost several friends to cancer in the last 5 years.
Does anyone know what this can be?

thickage responded:
Lots of possibilites here, so I wouldn't assume cancer - especially at your age. That said, WebMD has a great article about this:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/blood-in-stool

Good luck - stay positive!

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website