Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
for my 2 year old daughter until i can get ahold of her doctor
Bayleesmommy posted:
Ok so I have a beautiful daughter named Baylee, she turns 2 June 22nd 2010, so less than a week away. Well back in March on St. Patty's day she had to go to the hospital for gastroenteritis "stomach flu" and all was good for while thank goodness!! Well long story short the past 2 weeks off and on her stomach would bother her. I remember it started over cheese, she loves cheese and dairy products, but she didn't like milk for the longest time. She had a piece of cheese and i broke down and let her have a little boxed yoohoo, about 30 minutes later she sat on the floor and said "ouch mommy it hurts it hurts" and she was grabbing her stomach, which she told me it was her tummy she's very smart. Well that turned into the diarrhea and bad gas, and when i mean bad gas, I mean anytime she would pass gas it smelled like she literally pooped and that isn't normal for her and that bad. Well it went away, i figured it was the yoohoo mixed with the cheese. So i haven't let her have anymore yoohoo to see if that's what it was, but no, it still comes and goes. The past 2 days she has been really whiney but she hasnt complained of anything hurting and she had a little diarrhea but nothing to freak out about. Well she woke me up at 5:45am this past morning i don't know why or what was wrong she didn't complain of anything was just more whiney then normal. I also need to add the past month she does wake up at night crying sometimes and i think it's just bad dreams, and alot of the times it is because she'll talk in her sleep and not fully be awake, when it's her stomach she fully wakes up. So she didn't really have a nap after waking up that early she slept lightly for maybe 30 mins, which isn't like her, she sleeps hard usually and alot of times wants to sleep in a little until 10 or 10:30 am. Well she ended up having a horrible smelling diarrhea diaper but that was it, that was around 5 pm, i noticed she was raw so i put cream on her. I want to also stress the horrible gas she is having when she does have the diarrhea, It's unreal. I got her to sleep finally around 10:30 pm, still she hasnt complained of anything. She woke up at 12:30 am screaming and crying and she kept stretching her legs out and grabbing towards her butt saying it hurts, and the leg part reminded me of how she did with minor gas pains when she was an infant. She wouldn't let me put her down, she didn't want anything except something to drink, and I've been giving her Pedialyte, it seems to help some, usually she always wants me to look at her boo boo's but tonight it took me 20 minutes just to calm her down and let her let me look. It just looks raw from the diarrhea, so i put more cream on her and she acted like it soothed her enough to go back to sleep, but she would only lay on her stomach of course. This is the worse it's been with the way she acted and freaked me out a little. Basically I'm going to call her dr tomorrow of course, but it's now 2 am, i started researching stuff after she fell back asleep, and i just want to know if anyone knows what might be wrong with her? I'd greatly appreciate any advice right now.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website