Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Ulcer patient suffering from diarrhea!
didierd posted:
Hello everybody,

I am 27yrs old and I was diagnosed with duodenal ulcer eight months back. But last month I started having dark stools again. I took pantoprazole and I was doing fine. Recently, I started taking HP kit tablets and I took it for 3 days in the morning and in the evening before meal. I stopped taking it because I am suffering from diarrhea now. HP kit was advised by a doctor in india and I got the tablets from India as I am unable to afford health insurance here in united states.

I spoke to the doctor again and informed him that I am suffering from diarrhea. He advised me to take probiotic tablets after every meal. I am taking probiotics but I am still suffering from diarrhea. I have stopped taking HP kit and I am taking probiotics only. I have no pain in my stomach but I am feeling weak because of the diarrhea.

I am not sure what is the cause of diarrhea and how to stop it. Any help would be appreciated.

HP kit is a combination of amoxycillin tablets, tinidazole tablets and omeprazole capsules.

Thank You!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website