Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Help ID-ing digestive problem?
v0latile posted:
I started experiencing abdominal pain and bowel changes several months ago. I noticed an increase in appetite, abdominal pain that came and went and less frequent bowel movements.

Then, a few weeks ago I started experiencing abdominal pain earlier in the morning (almost immediately as soon as I woke up) which would fade away quickly. I also started feeling this discomfort in my stomach that feels as though I'm about to get diarrhea, sometimes it fades away and some times I end up going to the bathroom. Generally, I don't have diarrhea- what I do notice is very long or large feces. I'm guessing that's a result of going to the bathroom less frequently.

These problems came on rather suddenly, and when I last saw my doctor she said that the pain could be attributed to "Stress" but there is nothing really stressing me out..
If anyone has any ideas on what this could be, please let me know. I will make another doctor's appointment if this continues. In the meantime, I am adding more fiber to my diet and probiotics and hoping it does the trick.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website