Skip to content
Rose4203 posted:
So i have had gallstones (confirmed by ER doctors) for about 6 years now. I know long time. But every time i have attempted to get referred to a gastro-something or other, something came up with my insurance. I know, my responsibility to make stuff happen. However i have a daughter that has serious medical problems, so i haven't been focusing on myself. Until recently, my pain has gotten worse. I have changed my diet, and so on. But for the past week and a half, its constant pain. Nothing relieves it either, Ibuprofen, tylenol, hydrocodene, etc. I have gone to the ER once in this past week, and the doctor gave me some pain meds and sent me home. Literally that is all he did. I have never had a HIDA scan either. I just don't know what to do. I'm in a lot of pain, and can't really even take care of my 2 children. So i guess my question is what have you done to make the doctor's listen to you? and what has relieved your pain? and any other suggestions?? Please I'm desperate.
thickage responded:
Do you have acid reflux? You could always tell your primary care physician that you believe you have damage to your esophagus and need a referral to a GI specialist for an endoscopy. Where's your pain located?

I would suggest sticking to a low-fat diet and attempt to weed out possible allergies to lactose and/or gluten.

Helpful Tips

I have had CC for three years now. I have been on steroids and every time I got off, the problems would return again in two weeks...I found ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website