Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Tired of this "condition"
beadsnbuttons posted:
Fried foods, sausage, bacon, anything fatty including some cheeses, Italian spices all are triggers.
I drink skim milk to control the butterfat in milk that I ingest.
I find that timing is a problem. I know I have to go after my first meal, but don't always have the time needed for that to happen.
Lately, I have been paying more attention. When my gut feels a little gassy I know I need to head toward the bathroom. Stopping to do that one more little thing as we women are in the habit of doing is not an option for us.

Do not let this condition rule your life. Take as much control as you can.
It might mean carrying a larger purse with extra undies and even a light weight pair of shorts or pants as well as any pads you use. Wet wipes that are flushable are a great help. I am on the go constantly. I try to carry bags that are meant as disposable also and chuck the soiled undies. We have to be proactive in this.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website