Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Constant Abdominal Pain
thickage posted:
Gallbladder removed about 8 weeks ago. About a week after my gallbladder attack, I started having some abdominal pain in my lower left ab area. That pain progressed to the left ab and has now settled in to constant (several hours per day, worsens at night) pain around my lower left ribcage. CT scan showed lower left ab swollen, but colonoscopy, endoscopy looked fine.

The pain doesn't seem to worsen or change with food - it starts shortly after I wake up and generally is on and off all day, with the worse pain in the evenings as I "settle in" to TV. Lying down seems to aggravate the pain because of the, ahem, excess weight I carry, so watching TV in bed usually irritates the upper/left ab pain. It gets sensitive to the touch - even a hug irritates it and I can no longer sleep on my left side.

Basic bloodwork showed normal kidney, pancreas, liver function.

I've started a gluten free diet and I will likely also remove dairy to see if I've got some sort of food allergy. I'm going to stop taking Omeprazole and I'm currently taking probiotics.

Keep in mind that this pain started shortly after my gallbladder attack, so that seemed to be the trigger.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website