Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Difficulties of living with a Digestive Disorder
KZahra posted:
Dear community,

I am writing this for my mother, since she (and us) are finding some difficulties with her medical conditions and the dietary restrictions.

My mother is a 61 year old cheerful woman but recently she has been having some problems with her digestion. Following heartburn and pain episodes she went to the hospital and it resulted that she has both gallstones and a hernia in her stomach.

Unfortunately, doctors' opinion always seemed to be that of following dietary regulations and avoiding certain types of food. However, she is finding it very difficult to follow these diets since she finds it very bland and without variety. This is causing a lot of frustration, both for her and for us.

I am writing in order to get some feedback from the community, from those who suffer or may have gone through the same experiences. I would really appreciate to hear your thoughts on the matter, but most importantly I would really like to get some ideas on what I can prepare for her to introduce some variety and to let her enjoy some flavours.

From what I can understand, her diet bans food like milk, tomatoes, processed meat (which is not good for any of us), red meat, wheat... so on and so forth.

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for reading this.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website