Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Whipple Procedure
Anon_234673 posted:
My wife had a Whipple procedure 17 years ago. She was told at that time by her surgeon " don't let anyone tell you they can remove scar tissue." I had no idea scar tissue could actually grow, it has. My wife takes Mira-lax 2 caps 2 times daily, Lactulose10gm/15ml 2 times a day, stool softeners, enzymes,Elavil 25mg 4 times daily, Citalopram 20mg 2 a day,Alprazolam .5 x 2, Prempro .45-1.5mg 1 a day. This is only if she's not too nauseous or doesn't all ready feel bloated and backed up. Bowel movements are very slow and not very productive. She never feels evacuated. Always in pain, says she feels as if someone is in there twisting on her guts. Had colonoscopy, Sitz marker x2, MRCP 06-07, Endoscopy, upper and lower GI. Soon will be having another upper bowel series to check for irregularities. Anyone out there living with this or having knowledge of this or anything that can be done. Please help she is giving up hope and starting to get depressed tired of being miserable and hurting. Thanks

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website