Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Help- undiagnosed GI problem
katy41500 posted:
I am posting here because I don't know what to do. My husband has been having severe stomach troubles for the past 8 months. In December 2011, he had severe stomach pain (stabbing pain, on the left side under his rib). He went to the ER, and they said his white cells were elevated, so they removed his appendix. In January, the pain came back, coupled with severe diarrhea. The pain has been a constant in our lives, going away for a week or two, then returning, along with the diarrhea with blood, since January. To date, he has had 2 colonoscopies, an endoscopy, a capsule endoscopy, a HIDA scan, ultrasounds, CT scans, visits with three different GI doctors, and three hospital stays. Every doctor we see says that it is nothing- not Celiac, not Crohn's, not ulcerative colitis. My husband has lost 45 pounds, and our lives are ruled by this- he is miserable, and it is ruining any chance at a normal life. Any advice on where to turn would be appreciated- we are desperate! Thank you for reading this.

tyr74 responded:
Any luck? I have had the same issues for 11 years. Quit going to the Dr for a few years, tired of them blaming my actions instead of thinking outside the box. Going to try the VA Dr's would like to have some ideas to throw their way

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website