Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
87 year old with digestive probs
Prius47 posted:
My mother is 87 yrs. old, and has been experiencing diarrhea @ 1-2 hrs. after she eats, along with stomach bloating. Sometimes the diarrhea is almost explosive. This has been happening over the last 3-4 months. She's not a big eater, so it's not the amount of food she takes in. I believe it's the combination of foods. I'd hate to limit the kinds of food she likes, but if I have to, I will. Any thoughts???

georgiagail responded:
Keep a food diary for a week or so to see if you find a pattern of a particular food triggering this.

Pay particular attention to milk and milk based foods as these are often a culprit in what you describe.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website