Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Rectal bleeding,
An_246965 posted:
Ok folks.... I dont usually ask for help in forums like this, but have an embarrasing situation, and not finding any info online specific to my issue....
I am 39 years old and have had digestive issues for years, and since my tubal in 2004, they have worsened. Not only that but my mentrual cycle is horrfic.
Ive heard the stories of all this, discussed it with my OB/GYN, buthis suggestion is of course a Hystorectomy. No problem for me, except the cost... blah blah, blah, Anyhow, in the last several months I have had severe constipation, that is only releived with Milk of Magnesia.... Unfortunately I work 16 hours a day, and cant sit on the pot all day to accomodate this treatment.
I have been taking Miralax with my morning coffee off and on now for a few months and have some relief there, but this last week I have noticed bright red blood in my stool, as well as that my stool is now a tan color and very thin. In addition I never feel as if I am finished, I almost always have the urge to have a BM, at least if I have eaten in the last day or so... I have had a gradual weight gain during this time as well.
Another really embarrasing thing going on is gas... so bad, even to the point of when I pass gas, I bleed, its as if it is pushing the blood out of me. I know thats graphic, but.... at first I thought I was simply having a marathon menstrual cycle, lasting several days, but I have now decided that this is more rectal than vaginal, etc.... Im to the point of soaking thru a light maxi pad a day just from passing gas.... Im at a loss here.... Does anyone out there have any clue what is wrong with me? Its not really something I wanna discuss with my firends, etc.... HELP?!?!?!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome,

I really suggest you seek a Gastroenterologist for your bleeding and all digestive difficulties, ASAP.
We cannot diagnose here or anywhere over the internet, but please seek help from your doctor. Share all your symptoms and concerns, please don't be embarrassed, they have heard it all and your health is most important.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website