Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Digestive Problems
An_247004 posted:
I have had digestive problems all my life (30yr old Male), which have been chalked up to IBS (Generic nondescript for we don't know nor do we have answers). I've had more colonscopies and tests than I can count. Gastric Dumping Study showed rapid digestion of 23 minutes - Never had Bariatric Surgery which usually is associated with rapid dumping. I also have had varying diagnosis on Celiac, and therefore I follow a Gluten Free Diet. However, all results there have been inconclusive. None the less I don't hold down food all that well, regardless of the diet. I am often tired, especially if I have more than one bowel movement in a day. I feel bloated and lethargic.

Two weeks ago, I went for bloodwork and the results showed my Hemocrit was 36.7 (41-50 Normal) / Hemoglobin 12.8 ( 13.8 - 17.2 Normal) and RBC 3.97 (4.40 - 5.80 Normal). I'm assuming this indicates anemia from all research I've done. Going to see family doctor in a few days. Digestive doctor is out of town (new one I just saw). I have seen several and few have any answers.

I am wondering if my blood work does indicate anemia for certain? If so, I assume something is going on to cause the problem. Will Digestive issues lead to anemia due to malabsorption of food?

Oddly enough my Iron whilst on the low side is within normal range.

Iron Binding Capacity Including Iron - 48 (Normal 40-190)
Iron Binding Capacity 325 (200-450 Normal)
Percent Saturation - 15 (12-57 normal).

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website