Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Looking for Answers
RoechelleF posted:
I am a 40 year old female who has had nausea and vomiting for about 6 weeks. I vomit almost every morning for about 30 minutes after waking. I also vomit at other times of the day, or wake up in the middle of the night to vomit as well. Some days it is only once or twice, and other days it seems to happen 8-10 times. If I am not vomiting, then I feel nauseated throughout the day. I have abdominal pain off and on, although usually worse after vomiting or at night. I have been running a low grade fever off and on. (Never higher than 100.2) I have no insurance!!! I have been to see 2 different doctors. The first gave me phenagran and sent me to an affordable clinic to pursue more testing. Last week, saw the new doctor who added Omeprazole 40mg, sent me off for blood work and an ultrasound. Ultrasound came back negative. Was told blood work was normal and to come back in 3 weeks!!! But when I picked up my copy, found my serum amylase is 16! I have spent the day trying to find out what this means and what it could mean for me? Any ideas on what my next move should be?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry to hear you are having to go through all this! Roechelle please call the doctor and ask. Won't cost you anything and maybe he/she can answer some questions for you on the phone. It's frustrating I know. I hope you get some relief soon.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website