Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Digestive problems
An_247188 posted:
Hi,

So I'm a 24 year old generally healthy female, but I've been having digestive problems for over a year now. I've always had a sensitive stomach caused by spicy, greasy foods etc.

However recently I've been having loose bowel movements at least once a month after eating out or if I am nervous about something. These loose bowel movements are usually followed by cramping and acid reflex.

Usually I won't have a bowel movement for a few days after the "episode". I have normal bowel movements for the rest of the month.

I was in Ecuador for 2 months last year in which I had horrible traveler sickness and acid reflux for most of the time there. Could I have caught a bug? It's been a full year since I was in Ecuador.

I have attempted to add more fiber to my diet. I don't eat red meat and dairy is not a factor since these episodes happen even if I haven't had any dairy.

I really don't know what other dietary changes I should be making. I live a relatively healthy life since I don't eat processed foods and I eat mostly organic.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website