Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
difficulty breathing
Debbine posted:
Does anyone else have any of these symptoms. I sure hope so. I've had difficulty breathing in the past, but it never lasted this long. I had to call 911 three weeks ago, and the ER docs could find nothing wrong. He actually said " Since you've been suffering with it this long, you can continue to, since it seems you have it under control."

I have a very hard/difficult time seems like exhaling. I can breathe in but breathing out is difficult. It's like I can't seem to catch my breath. Because of this, I have to keep yawing, which bring some relief. I have headaches, light headedness, some nausea, heart palpitations and tingling in the hands and feet. I've had an EKG and chest x-rays and they found nothing wrong.

The ER doctor looked at me as if I was crazy. I tried to explain every symptom but the x-ray and EKG were fine, so there was nothing more to discuss. He sent me home. I have an appointment with the cardiologist on Thursday and have been looking up some symptoms. Right now, I'm leaning towards B12 deficiency. Not sure, but will keep on looking.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Debbine and welcome.

I hope you are feeling better. Debbine you might want to ask this question on our Heart Disease Community as well.

Ultimately you need to follow up with your doctor and make sure you share your symptoms and concerns.

mangrovevens responded:
Hello!

OK, keep looking at B12 deficiency as what you describe is pretty close to me.

I'm a 40 year old male and went for a full check up last week: ultrasound, stress test, EKG, blood, hormones, MRI (this was a follow up), X-ray, the works. I originally went in as I was constantly catching my breath and had tingling in the hands etc. Felt as though not enough oxygen was being processed in my body. Anyway, all came back clear but my doctor identified a B12 deficiency, which could answer for the breath catching and hand tingling. I now have these capsule which I take every 2 weeks, full of B12 and 'other' Bs apparently.

Other than that my doctor asked if I was stressed, had anxiety as this could make the problem more acute. So once the Bs kick in I shall see what happens.

Also, your palpitations. I didn't realise I had a wheat intolerance for years (until I was 35); I had palpitations, light headedness, headaches. When I cut out wheat they went after about 2-3 weeks. Just something to look into too.

Take care!

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website