Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Help! Could I have a digestive disorder?
An_247807 posted:
Hello, I am a 25 Y/O male. Non smoker, very light drinker, moderately active considering I work full time and am a part time student. Lately I have been having a lot of digestive, weight gain issues and other issues and wanted to get some expert advice. I've done a bit of digging and asking around. I've been told it may be hypothyroidism or possibly a gluten issue.

About 3 years ago I weighed somewhere around 145-150lbs. After a job change, I gained some weight and went up to around 165lbs and I chalked it up to stress due to the new job. My diet did not change, nor did my activity level. I stayed around this weight for about years. About a year ago, I started another new job and in the course of the first three to four months I moved up to around 190-195lbs. Once again, my diet and activity level did not change. I've stayed at this weight to this day.

After I gained the weight I started to notice a lot of digestive issues in the past 4-5 months.
-Firstly, I've had reflux like issues for years and it use to be manageable using over the counter acid meds, but they are starting to lose their effectiveness.
-Next, I've noticed that it doesn't matter what I eat, I always end up feeling extremely bloated and my stomach makes A LOT of audible noise afterwards.
-I'm often constipated and most of my bowel movements contain blood, wether on the stool, the toilet paper or both. My bowel movements are also extremely inconsistent. Some days I will have one, some days none and some days it can be as many as three.
-When I urinate standing and feel like I am finished, I end up leaking a noticeable amount of urine into my underwear after I have shaken and put it away. I also very rarely will find small amounts of urine in my underwear upon waking up.

Other symptoms in the last 4-5 months include:
-Almost non existent labido
-Lethargy, lack of motivation
-Trouble waking without half a dozen alarm clocks
-Painful quarter sized lumpy briuse looking thing on my waistline and the top of my right buttock that has been there for 3+ years (doctor said it was normal?)

Just looking for some possible direction or ideas as to figuring out what is going on.

Thanks.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website