Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Pain in Upper Right Quadrant after eating
LoriK0830 posted:
I do not know why, but every time I eat I have moderate to severe pain in in my upper right quadrant, and it feels like a boulder. I do not eat fried foods, I eat rather healthy, but, I am under a lot of stress. I smoke and I take Goody powders daily. I am a moderate drinker and am 5'3" at 159 lbs. I have a sedentary job. This woke me up this morning hurting. I had a baked potato with sour cream, butter and chives last night and nothing else. What could cause this pain? Also a little distended on upper right side. I do have high cholesterol LDL and HDL.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya LoriK and welcome,

It's time to seek a doctor's help on this. Sounds like you need an exam and for you to share all your concerns and your symptoms with the doctor.

Please let us know how things go! I hope you feel better soon.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website