Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Pain in Upper Right Quadrant after eating
LoriK0830 posted:
I do not know why, but every time I eat I have moderate to severe pain in in my upper right quadrant, and it feels like a boulder. I do not eat fried foods, I eat rather healthy, but, I am under a lot of stress. I smoke and I take Goody powders daily. I am a moderate drinker and am 5'3" at 159 lbs. I have a sedentary job. This woke me up this morning hurting. I had a baked potato with sour cream, butter and chives last night and nothing else. What could cause this pain? Also a little distended on upper right side. I do have high cholesterol LDL and HDL.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya LoriK and welcome,

It's time to seek a doctor's help on this. Sounds like you need an exam and for you to share all your concerns and your symptoms with the doctor.

Please let us know how things go! I hope you feel better soon.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful