Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
unknown upper left quadrant pain
bkirk706 posted:
I am a 24 yo male occasional smoker non drinker non drug user . for the past year and a half I've been dealing with these horrible bouts of abdominal pain. it's like a hot knife going in and out right below my left rib cage as I breathe out. it's constant but I typically control it with water therapy and a heating pad but these past few weeks in been so bad I've been in the Er 6 times in 3 weeks. I've had about every gi test 3 colonoscopy(first colon found 3 pollops all benign) 4 egd(showed a slight sliding hiatal hernia but saidit wasnt big enough for that amount of pain) gastro graffin enema, low bowel series, multiple ct scans wIth and wIthout contrast, xrays, ultrasounds, blood test, hiati scan(showed a small amount of sludge but not enough to cause problems) xrays of my lungs, had my heart tested telemetry box for 24 hours completely normal, had a tube down my throat for 24 hours to test my acId reflux I have a lIttle but nothIng severe and the only thIng that ever comes back Is whIte blood count Is elevated. I've been to musc hospital they don't know. been through 2 gi doctors and 3 primary doctors. I had back surgery as a potential fix because I had a buldged disc at t12 l1 and they though It was pressing on the splancnic (sp) nerve that goes through your stomach and other digestive parts. that didnth work. I really just don't know what to do so if anyone out there has an idea of what might be wrong please email me stuffy2233@gmail I'm running out of options

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website