Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Digestive Problems/Chest Pain
Warmark1972 posted:
Hello, like many others I am searching for help. I am a 40 year old male in reasonably good heath. I am lactose intolerant and have some strange food intolerances that my doctors cannot seem to nail down. This causes me to have indigestion with the following symptoms: stomach distention, belching, flatulence, chest and shoulder pain, back/nerve discomfort, and sometimes light perspiration (not sweating drops or anything). I use antacids like Tums which seem to help a little. Sometimes, I get PVC's.

I am very concerned about the chest and shoulder pains I am feeling along with the mild sweating. I went and had a treadmill test which came back negative. Why would my nerves be affected by indigestion?

I try to avoid foods/liquids that would cause indigestion but it doesn't seem to help. I have this 24/7 now.

If you can help, please post.

Thank you!

calgal37 responded:
Specifically what do you mean by 'nerve issues?'

An_248081 responded:
Sounds like symptoms I had when I had H. Pylori.

An_248087 responded:
I had similar issues - chest pains, tingling in my hands, nausea. I ended up diagnosed with Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. It would be worth investigating that.

I had a procedure done as well as having a rx for low dose nortriptyline. I have to stay low fat, low gluten to feel decent.

An_248087 replied to An_248087's response:
And no caffeine. Forgot to mention that.

juliel responded:
Have you been tested for celiac or gluten intolerance? It can create all kinds of strange symptoms including neurologic.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website