Digestive Problems/Chest Pain
Warmark1972 posted:
Hello, like many others I am searching for help. I am a 40 year old male in reasonably good heath. I am lactose intolerant and have some strange food intolerances that my doctors cannot seem to nail down. This causes me to have indigestion with the following symptoms: stomach distention, belching, flatulence, chest and shoulder pain, back/nerve discomfort, and sometimes light perspiration (not sweating drops or anything). I use antacids like Tums which seem to help a little. Sometimes, I get PVC's.

I am very concerned about the chest and shoulder pains I am feeling along with the mild sweating. I went and had a treadmill test which came back negative. Why would my nerves be affected by indigestion?

I try to avoid foods/liquids that would cause indigestion but it doesn't seem to help. I have this 24/7 now.

If you can help, please post.

Thank you!

calgal37 responded:
Specifically what do you mean by 'nerve issues?'

An_248081 responded:
Sounds like symptoms I had when I had H. Pylori.

An_248087 responded:
I had similar issues - chest pains, tingling in my hands, nausea. I ended up diagnosed with Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. It would be worth investigating that.

I had a procedure done as well as having a rx for low dose nortriptyline. I have to stay low fat, low gluten to feel decent.

An_248087 replied to An_248087's response:
And no caffeine. Forgot to mention that.

juliel responded:
Have you been tested for celiac or gluten intolerance? It can create all kinds of strange symptoms including neurologic.