Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Left side hurting and nervous
Loki43 posted:
I am a 43 year old white male. Not very active. I am a computer programming and I sit all day. I am 5'6" and way about 197lbs. I take bp meds and a low dose baby asprin daily.

My left side about an inch from my navel burns it seems like.Just started one morning about three weeks ago when I woke up. It is mild discomfort but not major and it is not all the time. I don't feel any lumps or anything like that. I also feel bloated. It seems to flare up more when I have gas and/or when I get worried allot. Passing gas helps. I have allot of that lately. I don't know if my stool contains blood or not but sometimes it seems like there is red in it but I can usually remember eating something that had red in it earlier. My stools are always soft due to the fact I take bp meds. Sometimes after I eat I have to head straight to the bathroom. Other times not so much. I don't really notice a change in my bm's though. Sometimes it might be flatter than others but its not consistent one way or the other.

I am worried to say the least. I am a worry-wart. I have a doctor appointment on Monday.

I read allot online about this and check symptoms and every site I have looked at the "C" word always shows up. To my knowledge no one on either side of my family has ever been diagnosed with cancer.

Can anyone offer me some insight on this? Thoughts?

jabbney responded:
I wouldnt worry too much. it could just be IBS.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website