Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Hiatal Hernia 911
misscarriea7x posted:
I am 24 years old. female. i have had a hiatal hernia since i was a kid (diagnosed through scope test) normally i just get occasional heart burn.. nothing serious.

well... 3 weeks ago i was awakened by throwing up stomach acid (which happens sometimes cuz of the hernia in my esophogus so as much as it sucked.. i was used to it) well the next morning... i was sick and throwing up bad.. and throwing up chunks of blood... (which i figured was from the acid the night before so i just figured no big deal... itll heal. well.. EVER since then (so the last 3 weeks) ive been very sick. getting a sour taste in my mouth frequently and it makes me sick to my stomach and makes me salivate a LOT. I cant eat or drink hardly anything without getting sick... and when i get sick... its uncontrolable vomit until my stomach is empty and im about to pass out... and its projectile vomit. even when i drink water, this will happen. I am getting HORRIBLE chest pains that radiate into my back and i feel like someone is squeezing my esophogus, so my swallowing is limited. i went to the ER last week.. and they said its either my hernia or a stomach ulcer and that i needed a scope asap. the insurance company wont preapprove the scope test and i cant go see a gastroenterologist until i pay $500 up front.. and i dont have that.. let alone to see just to see the doc to do a scope test. im losing energy... i have to take 2 150 mg (the highest dosage) Zantac at night just to be able to sleep... but i cant take more then 2 in a 24 hour period... so im SOL during the day. (just one doesnt cut it and i have to take 2 at night otherwise im sick all night). SO now im stuck with.. "is this serious enough to return to the er and get hydrated before i get into worse shape and HOPE someone can do a scope test through the hospital so the insurance will approve it" or do i wait and hope it gets better? I take two bites of something and instantly start to throw up and i keep projective vomiting over and over until my stomach is empty.. even when i drink water. im losing nutrition... i have a potassium deficiency. i now sleep 16 hours a day.. (maybe more) the chest pains and the esophogus pain is becoming highly uncomfortable....

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website