Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Foreign object in appendix?
cclady posted:
(I've Googled this and got no answers) I just finished up kidney stones (my third time) and had a CT scan to ensure they were all gone, which they were. Reading the report, however, it states that there is "radiopaque material within the appendix". To me, this means something the x-ray cannot pass through, which concerns me. Even though I haven't passed a kidney stone in several days, I still have right flank and abdominal pain and occasional naseau. I have no blood in urine, but still a foul odor. Oh, I've had small hepatic cysts on my liver for years. I'm 46, fairly healthy, not overweight, not a drinker. I am a smoker My main concern here is the object in the appendix and ongoing discomfort, which I've talked myself into just being sore from the half-dozen stones I passed. Thanks for your help!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful