Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
any food i eat i get gas in my stomach?
montanez67 posted:
have a bad problem with gas and the foods thjat eat give me gas and what ever i eat i get bloaded and my stomach hurts what can i do please help me

aedyrn78 responded:
I have a similar problem. I find taking digestive enzymes helps somewhat. However, no doctors have been able to give me any answers as to why this happens.

lindatieger responded:
Try taking probiotics and digestive enzymes.
I had the same problem and I had several tests done.
I figured it out myself:
I checked out the supplements I take and stopped any where there was a side effect of gas, belching, nausea and lack of appetite.
One brand of calcium was a culprit. Also check the side effects of any medication you take. I stopped taking Effexor and changed to another drug.
Check out supplements/meds at WebMd.com; it's user friendly. Good luck.
Linda

ARochelle responded:
I have had severe stomach issues for almost 20 years now and gas and distention are the worst culprits! After a plethora of tests & doctors & getting my gallbladder removed, the main issues I have with gas are mainly dairy products. The best thing to do is an elemination diet. It takes time, actually helps save money on groceries & helps get to the issue. Cut out all foods except for the basics - fruits, veggies and whole wheat breads only. Then after a week slowly incorporate foods, you'll find out real fast which ones are giving you the issues. Good luck!!

clipper1956 responded:
You need to try eating greek yogurt. It helps with digestion and its pretty tasty when you get the ones that have fruit with them.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website