Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gallbladder issues?
An_248567 posted:
Since the beginning of the month I have been having a really sharp constant burning pain under my right rib that radiates to my back and up to my shoulder. I also have been constantly nauseous and have an off and on headache behind my right eye. Have also had bouts of constipation and off and on dizziness. Can barely lay on my right side and back. I believed it was my gallbladder because both parents have had theirs out, plus everyone on my mothers side has had gallbladder issues of one sort or another. I have been in the ER three times this month and the first time they sent me home with a diagnosis of ibs, the second time they said it could be my gallbladder, but sent me home without answers, the third time was the same as the second. They did xrays, ultrasound, ct scan, blood work, urine samples and all tests came back clear. The only thing they found was that my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. Been on pain killers that done help, and they gave me some kind of medicine to help with cramping for ibs, that also has not helped. Its been extremely stressful being in so much pain with no answers.

alvarado10 responded:
have similar symptoms with the constant burning pain under my right ribs with no gallstones. I would ask for two tests, HIDA scan which tests weather your gallbladder is functioning and en upper endoscopy. You just may only have GERD which can give you that burning feeling.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website