Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Urgency in having a bowel movement
katlady10 posted:
Hi, I'm a 45 year old female. I have, over the past 6 mos, have had episodes of explosive diarrhea. My stools are usually soft but there are times I bet, at least 4-5 times a week, where I get the urge to go and if I don't go straight to the toilet it just comes.......Unfortunately I haven't been home a few times, and it becomes an embarrassing mess. Most of the time I do get to the bathroom, and it literally explodes. I don't have "pain" or anything that triggers it, I just get that feeling, and I know its time. I wish I could explain it better........If anyone has any ideas. I haven't really noticed if its after anything I eat in particular, altho I do get that way after some greasy foods, sometimes chinese hits me bad too.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Katlady10 and welcome,

There is just no guessing at this, I would absolutely consult your doctor. Changes in bowel movements may mean changes in your health, so follow up with your doctor.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website