Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gallbladder removal at age 28 and tons of problems
uncalled_trouble posted:
members:

i had sudden gall bladder removal surgery 2 years back after suffering from it for a month and having jaundice. I had to go for surgery with good faith and thought trouble might be over.

But i think unusual real troubles started afterwards . i suddenly developed hyper tension, higher sugar , thyroid and higher cholesterol. I am 29 years old and i did not have these troubles and i was completely healthy before gall bladder removal. i have asked numerous doctors and no one have any clue. they said you need to be treated for metabolic syndrome. Any Doctor in forum can comment that would be great.

I think if i get on thyroid treatment all these other symptoms might go away. I was on statins and i had terrible side effects. After having bad experience i had started natural remedies like no sugar diet/less salt , omega 3 acids, , olive oil, oats , flex seeds, an hour of gym . after doing all these although my blood pressure is 130/86 and not coming down. I am going for further checkup and i dont have any hopes after not having any results. Any one know how i can improve on this I am taking all steps but no results so really hart broken.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Happydays1000 responded:
My advice:

1. Check for SIBO using methane/hydrogen test.

2. Check for gluten intolerance.

3. Follow GAPS diet (a very restrictive version of it).

Good luck!

Helpful Tips

relief of hemorrhoids
had hemorrhoids for years,tried all the store remedies,nothing worked. when my boys were little we used diaper rash ointment on them(zinc ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website