Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
BM Problems
lyndsiek2009 posted:
Hello everyone,

I am a 21-year-old female who is overweight, I have been checked for diabetes (nothing), but the problem I'm having has been going on for a good 2 1/2 - 3 years. I didn't have insurance (and still waiting on my application to come back now) so i couldn't get it checked out. Every time I eat, I seem to have to run to the bathroom. Most of the time, it's rather explosive and watery diarrhea. Before I have to go to the bathroom any other time of day, I get terrible cramps beforehand. So bad, in fact, sometimes i mistake them for period cramps. It doesn't matter what i eat, this happens almost every time. Plus, i have maybe one regular bm every few weeks, otherwise it's always diarrhea. I don't know of any other symptoms at the moment, but if you can think of any, go ahead and ask. I've looked up the symptoms for certain digestive disorders, including IBS, but they don't really seem to match up. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

lyndsiek2009 responded:
Oh, I forgot to add this: I had my gallbladder taken out almost 2 years ago (about a year after this started) and I had a child 14 months ago. If it makes any difference.

calgal37 replied to lyndsiek2009's response:
Some people do experience problems with bowel habits after the gallbladder is removed. It is sometimes due to unregulated release of bile which can drastically speed up the movement of waste products through the digestive tract. Have you tried cutting down drastically on fats in your diet to see if it's helpful? For many that can produce large changes.

borborygmi responded:
Could be anything from cancer to crohn's disease and many things in between, including chronic infection, food intolerances, strictures, megacolon, and/or other structural anomalies. Ignoring your symptoms until you have insurance won't help your future or your child's. Why passively wonder what's going on when you can follow up with your former physicians or an indigent care clinic BEFORE you incur irreversible damage to your health? Help IS available if you can muster the self-valuation to pursue it. If not, PLEASE seek mental health counseling/treatment because you sound like me before I nearly died from complications of ignoring my symptoms because of depression. My life today would be much simpler and productive if I had sought help sooner. Best wishes, dear soul !

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website