Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Constant diarrhea in two year old.
benbecam posted:
My daughter has had diarrhea EVERY SINGLE DAY for at least 6 months. We've seen three doctors and they all say that she just eats too much fruit. Her weight has stopped progressing. At 18 months old she was in the 75th percentile for weight. At 2 she has dropped below the 10th percentile. And the same for her height. I am very worried. But no one else seems to be. I need help! We live in a small town and it seems no one wants to hear me out.

calgal37 responded:
What tests have actually been done? Any GI problems run in either your family or your husband's family? Any celiac disease?

benbecam replied to calgal37's response:
That's what's driving me crazy. They haven't done any tests! THey told me to take her off fruit so we did but there was no change. No one has celiacs that we know of. And there is only heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease in our families. I'm tempted to just bring in a stool sample and tell them to test it!

calgal37 replied to benbecam's response:
Docs can be very frustrating. You may want to consider finding another pediatrician, or going back to see whoever you've been going to and specifically asking/demanding some testing to be done.

Barring that, you could also do an exclusion diet and take out all gluten (wheat, rye and barley) from your child's diet since gluten can be a major cause of diarrhea in kids and adults alike. If you want to do your 'own' stool testing for gluten, go to enterolab.com and order the IgA-gliadin fecal antibody test kit. It's a great lab and well-respected within the celiac community. It was the test that pinpointed my husband's GI issues when all the other tests had failed. When we got back a positive IgA-gliadin result, we further tested his genes. He has two gluten-sensitive genes, which accounts for the GI issues he was having.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website