Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stuck in throat
Till2k12 posted:
Good morning everyone,

I have had this feeling now for about a month that something is stuck in my throat, it makes my throat feel dry at times, no matter how much I drink water and such I can still feel it. I recently went to the doctor and had a Gastro test done(tube down my esophagus) as I complained about burping alot and it was found out that I may had acid reflux. The burping and the heartburn has subsided alot but I still feel like something is in my throat though. I did cough up a yellow piece of something(tonsilith I believe), it smelled awful but are the 2 related or is this just stress and acid reflux?

calgal37 responded:
The stuff you coughed up may be a tonsil stone which is different than the feeling you're having of a lump in the throat. The lump feeling is typically call globus. It's a sensation that may be due to an irritated lower esophagus due to the acid reflux. The feeling of the lump will slowly disappear as the reflux is brought under control.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website