Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Digestive problems immediately after gallbladder surgery...
mindyaptheker posted:
It's been almost 10 years since my gallbladder surgery and my digestive problems have slowly become quite severe.
I wake up every morning in gut-wrenching pain; right where the gallbladder had been sucked out- The belly button. I get up, make some peppermint tea, then the pain subsides.
I've done everything in the book. you name it; been up[ and down the coast, seeking a G.I. doctor with a compassionate heart...nothing!
2 years ago I set up a meeting the the surgeon who had performed
the operaion , he showed no concern, only offering this statement,
"you have sledge"
When I asked him for a cop[y of the video that was taken duing the procedure, he convieniently replied that the camera had malfunctioned and there had been no video recorded. The Dr. or some one on his surgical staff closed me up a bit to tightly; near the transvere colon.
I don't know for sure, but it feels like someone was in a rush.
As far as diet, I've done eveything imaginable.
Isthere a way to hold this Doctor responsible for explaining to the Fl. medical board, in detail, what happened and how my surgery was conducted? I know, scar tissue is inevidible, but this seems uncessarily large and unprofessionally done.
If anyone can give me some wise advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website