Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Sudden (embarrassing) issue
pilgrim89 posted:
A couple of weeks ago or so, I noticed that I started having bad gas in the afternoons and noticeable bloating by the end of the night. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I am thinking that it may, if possible, be a sudden lactose issue.

Every morning from about nine to ten thirty during work days I slowly drink a cup of coffee (a very dark roast) with about one or two tablespoons of milk and some sugar. Around one or two, I begin to have very bad gas - rotten egg smells and some slight abdominal pain, but nothing severe. I don't really notice this on weekends or at any other time of day, except occasionally in the evenings. However, there is significant, noticeable bloating of my stomach at night. I can see a visible difference from when I go to bed to when I wake up in the morning.

I have purchased lactate/dairy helper pills and take those when I am going to be consuming a lot of dairy since I imagine that's the issue. Could it be anything else? Is this something I should have diagnosed? If I go for a week and eliminate all dairy possible, will that be enough time to see a noticeable difference?

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website