Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Sick husband!
bunners posted:
Forgive the long post, but i have a lot of details that are probably important in order to get help. My husband has been sick for months now (off and on) and Dr.'s can find nothing. My husband has had issues with greasy food for some time (making him nauseous and fatigue). Several months ago my husband ate a greasy bar pizza and got terrible shooting pains on his right side. He began to have pains, feel fatigue, get dizzy and nauseous any time he ate something slightly fatty and eventually ended up living on lentil soup for 2 months because that was the only thing that didn't make him sick. They ran tests on his gallbladder, liver, tested for Celiac, and did a scope on his digestive track. Everything came back normal except his intestines were inflamed (no idea why). He was bed ridden that whole time and they eventually removed his gallbladder "to see if that would fix it." He was fine for a while, but now after a few more months he is getting pain again in the lower right hand side of his abdomen in the same place as before. It gets worse when he moves and breathes too deep. He has been having problems having a bowel movement and just now had one beer and got extremely dizzy. My husband is not an alcoholic but does have an occasional drink and has never had any issues so the dizziness after one drink really took him off guard. Any ideas?

calgal37 responded:
Although he initially tested negative for celiac (which test was done???), wince he got dizzy with one beer, consider staying away from all forms of gluten (wheat, rye and barley) for about 3 weeks and see if that makes a difference.

What do you mean the test on his intestines came back 'inflamed?' What test was done that showed an inflammatory pattern? Do you have a copy of that result - what was the exact wording?

bunners replied to calgal37's response:
those tests were done a few months ago before the gallbladder was removed so I don't have specific wording. They just told us his celiac test was negative. They did a scope of his digestive track and showed us the pictures which showed inflammation the whole way. When his gallbladder was removed there was no stones but it was also inflamed. That's really all we got.

calgal37 replied to bunners's response:
I suggest you get the written reports from those tests and read through them. If there was inflammation 'the whole way' something is going on that is not being properly evaluated.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website