Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
90+ Day of vomiting with no explaination
mom595 posted:
My 15 year old daughter has been vomiting every time she eats for the last 93 days. We have been to local doctors and to doctors at a Children's Hospital 5 hours away. This has been an ongoing issue for over 5 years but before this it only lasted for 2-5 days at a time every few months. She had Hida Scan and Ultra Sound in 2008 and again this past November. The doctors have also ran Brain Scans, Gastric Emptying Study (the eggs they made her came back up within 2 mins), Upper GI and an Endoscopy. The only diagnosis that anyone has offered is a severe case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS or possibly Crohn's Disease. She has been taking Amitriptyline for almost a month now with no change. The doctor now wants to take her out of school to eliminate stress but the only stress she has is that she has been sick for so long and no one knows why or how to fix it. I took her out of school before Thanksgiving and didn't let her return till after the 1st of the year and she said that not being in school was more stressful and harder on her than going. She has lost about 20lbs, and the only thing that she keeps down is liquids so we are experimenting with juicing recipes. I feel like the doctors should be doing more to make my child better but other than the prescription and removing her from school to eliminate stress they haven't done anything. Regardless of what/when she eats she is vomiting within 5 mins of taking her last bite. She does not experience any nausea, the food just comes back up. Within 15 mins of vomiting she is usually hungry again and ready to eat. I am with her 85% of the time when she is vomiting so I know for a fact that she is not making herself vomit. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? I can't find any info about IBS or Crohn's that only causing vomiting.

calgal37 responded:
Has an EGD with biopsy(s) been done?

bergermk responded:
Chronic Vomiting Syndrome?

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website