Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Inflamation of small/large intestines
Valerie45 posted:
I was recently hospitalized for 5 days for my pain lower right abdominal pain. First was told gall bladder or appendix. they did cat scan then told colitis as well that my small and large intestines was inflamed. was on Iv fluids whole time in hospital as well clear liquid diet first two days. moved to solid foods after the 2 days as well gave coffee, sweeteners, normal meals. As well I am type one diabetic forgot to mention as well a controlled diabetic at that.

Since released and home just before super bowl which I did not watch, or indulge in any major snacks or foods. As I have been adjusting my choices of foods and diets due to low income as well quality of foods to select at local stores.
I eliminate beef and pork 18 months about before hospitalized and was a veggie, fish, chicken diet. Well all I have eaten or drank is a salad lunch, and salad dinner, with soy/ginger/vinaigrette dressing. fresh veggies as in any salad but added broccoli baby spinach and Brussels sprouts steamed into the salad.

Upon laying down for the evening about 3 hours later I start throwing up. no other issues. My beverages was only diet Pepsi, water, and two cups of coffee. my throw up was really all liquids? one or two chunks that was black did not look like anything I ate?

I pick up my anti biotic, and pain medication from pharmacy.
I am scheduling throughout this week upon finding doctors as well under my Medicare and sup insurance coverage to see doctors needed to get to management of what ever this is. My question I am needing suggestion on is Diet? a low income SSDI recipient here need to plan out proper diet to cover till next month. My dietary plans are for fish and veggie diet only that is my goals any suggestions?? And advise on whateverr this condition is?

calgal37 responded:
You may want to post your question to the Crohn's and colitis board: http://exchanges.webmd.com/crohns-and-colitis-exchange since both your large and small intestine are involved. Those with similar inflammatory patterns may be able to give you more of a hand with your question.

In the meantime, you might want to look at the following:
https://gicare.com/diets/crohns-disease/

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website