Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach flu
ISWIM posted:
Sunday morning I woke up with the stomach flu. Vomiting like crazy all morning. I sipped 7-up all day long. The last time I threw up was 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Monday I was fine. Fever was gone, just had a bad headache. I ate saltine crackers all morning, around 3 I had some lipton noodle soup, and for dinner I had a scrambled egg. I also drank 7-up all day. Made it through the night with no problems. Just a headache which is mild. This morning my stomach and intestines felt weird. Drank a can of 7-up and had some jello. Now I have liquid diarrhea with some solid. Should I just continue on a bland diet or not eat anything until this is gone?

calgal37 responded:
You may want to consider following a BRAT diet for a few days: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful